“Now this I know: The Lord gives victory to his anointed. He answers him from his heavenly sanctuary with the victorious power of his right hand” (Psalm 20:7 NIV).
“I know that the Lord secures justice for the poor and upholds the cause of the needy” (Psalm 140:12 NIV).
As I’ve seen God rise up for me in the past two months, this is what I know:
- God is so much bigger than me, and none of His plans, purposes, and promises can be thwarted by what I do or don’t do.
- God fiercely loves, jealously protects, and mercifully vindicates His own.
- God lays things on our hearts to pray – things He wants to do. He gives us grace to pray these things, and powerfully works through them.
- God removes things we’re praying for from our hearts, and the grace to pray for them, not necessarily because He’s done working, but because He’s working in a different way.
- God ordains and changes the seasons of our lives.
- God cares about what I care about.
- God doesn’t force anyone’s hand.
- God alone satisfies.
- God speaks to us in whatever way we will hear, because God wants to be heard.
- God is not impressed when we’re out doing “big” things for Him when the things closest to home are neglected.
- God alone redeems.
What do you know?